Asset & Procurement Manager
- Brand new permanent full-time role based in Orange
- Be challenged - Oversee the optimised use of LiveBetter's fixed assets and reduction of non-wage related expenditure
- Be rewarded - Be part of a not for profit organisation, contribute to the greater good
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! - Build on your skills and experience in asset management and procurement during an exciting growth period for LiveBetter
- Support! - Join an experienced & professional Finance Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! - Contribute to LiveBetter's financial sustainability by way of budget development and continuous improvement processes.
About the Role
The Asset & Procurement Manager oversees fixed assets owned by LiveBetter to ensure optimised use and financial value and to reduce the non-wage related expenditure through a systematic approach to competitive tendering process. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Finalisation and implementation of the LiveBetter Asset Management Plan.
- Development of a centralised responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance system.
- Implementation of Contractor Management Controls.
- Long term maintenance planning and cost forecasting Prime cost control strategies.
- Policy development around asset management to ensure compliance with industry regulation and legislative provisions including WHS, Fire and Asbestos management.
- Fleet management of the 250 motor vehicles owned by LiveBetter.
- Systematic review of the $24.8M in non-wage related expenditure and through competitive tendering and procurement processes achieving at least $150K per year in recurrent saving.
- Provision of a 3-year procurement plan that aligns present LiveBetter procurement practices to best practice.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Minimum degree in finance/commerce or equivalent qualifications and/or a minimum 5 years' experience in an asset management & procurement role.
- Practical application and knowledge of Australian accounting standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage fixed assets using a systematic asset management approach.
- Demonstrated ability in the coordination of procurement and competitive tendering practices.
- Advanced Microsoft skills (Word, Excel).
- High level written, verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to manage and influence stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be an active team player, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your role.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge of Specialist Disability Accommodation and end to end property development
- Exposure to the NetSuite software.
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening and a Working with Children Check.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: 10pm 22 March 2018
Enquiries: Tony Pierce, Chief Financial Officer - (02) 6391 2400