Disability Support Leader
- Challenging & rewarding permanent part time role based in Nambucca Heads
- Lead, mentor & coach Disability Support Workers, providing on the job guidance & support
- Play a key role in the day to day provision of direct customer care in our Supported Accommodation Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Disability Services Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! - The opportunity to really say ‘I made someone's day'.
- Opportunity! - A chance to build on your career Community Services in an exciting period of growth for our organisation.
- Training! - Buddy shifts, clinical care competencies, behaviour support, online training…... just to name a few.
About the Role:
The role is key in the day to day provision of direct customer care in Supported Accommodation Services, which aims to assist people with disabilities to access high quality and safe supported accommodation options within the local community. Some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing as a mentor and coach to Disability Support Workers; supervising, supporting and developing team members to provide services at best practice standard.
- Participating in the on-call roster for Disability services.
- Ensuring effective and efficient administrative procedures and processes to support service delivery, including the upkeep of customer files and folders, monthly reporting and business planning activities.
- Completing customer progress notes, monthly reporting requirements and other admin tasks.
- Contributing to the development of individual plans (IP's) in consultation with Support Coordinators, and delivering appropriate programs.
- Provide support to customers who require assistance with tasks of daily living, personal care and medication administration.
- Support customers in developing skills covering all aspects of personal development and daily living as defined by goals set in their individual plan (IP)
What LiveBetter needs from you:
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability Work and/or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of the aims and objectives of Supported Accommodation Program activities.
- Demonstrated experience with direct customer support work in a Supported Accommodation setting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organisational skills and ability to use initiative.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and also independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Sound level of computer skills and the ability to undertake administrative tasks.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to be rostered 24/7 across rotating shifts.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply:
To apply for this role you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Applications that do not provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses the required selection criteria may not be considered during shortlisting
Closing date: Wednesday 21 March 2018
Enquiries: Louise Fossilo - (02) 63912400
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace