Clinician - Orange / Bathurst
- Permanent Part-Time roles (5 day fortnight) based in Orange or Bathurst
- Play a key role in design, delivery and monitoring of behaviour supports for customers with complex needs.
- Required - Tertiary qualifications such as Social Sciences or similar & experience working in disability & youth services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional disability services team.
- Satisfaction! - Key role in providing clinical behaviour support to our customers & staff to ensure best possible outcomes
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Opportunity - Join LiveBetter as we expand and grow and make this role your own.
About the Role
The Clinician will play a key role in the effective design, delivery and monitoring of behaviour support services for customers with complex needs accessing LiveBetter services.
Some key accountabilities for this position include:
- Undertake specific assessments covering all the factors, including environment, medical and/or mental health aspects that may be contributing to the behaviour of concern.
- Provide referral services and conduct assessments in conjunction with other relevant providers involved, for example health professionals, education personnel, or service providers.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs to address the identified goals and positive behaviour support strategies for the individual, family / carer, service providers and community (including consideration of cultural diversity, ageing and mental health issues, and geographical isolation).
- Provide training and education in the individual's behaviour support program for family / carer, service providers and community involved in care and support.
- Operate and collaborate across professional disciplines to ensure good practice and the maximisation of opportunities to achieve positive outcomes for the individual, their families and carers and to promote better understanding of positive approaches to behaviour support.
- Undertake clinical case management.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Proven ability to develop and implement positive behaviour support strategies for customers (including children, young people with a trauma background and adults with an intellectual disability) with complex and challenging behaviours of concern
- Highly developed knowledge if the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to children, young people in OOHC and people with a disability such as positive person-centred approaches.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders as a member of a trans-disciplinary team.
- Experience in and the ability support and train staff and families.
- An ability to relate to and positively influence the skills of a range of support staff such as Disability Support Workers, Case Managers and Residential Support Workers.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation, policies, work practice requirements and procedures impacting on the delivery of service to children, young people and adults with an intellectual disability (including the Disability Services Act, 1993).
- Superior organisational skills and ability to use initiative with highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a team member
- Current class C Drivers Licence
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and NSW Working with Children Check
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: 10pm 29 April 2018
Enquiries: Christine Coates, Manager Clinical Services, Disability & Out of Home Care (02) 6391 2400