Senior Clinician (Behaviour Support)
- Permanent Full Time role based in Orange
- Review systems & implement processes for provision of behavioural support to customers with complex needs
- Required - Tertiary degree such as Social Sciences or Psychology & experience working in disability & youth services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional disability services team.
- Satisfaction! - Key role in providing clinical behaviour support to our customers & staff to ensure best possible outcomes
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Opportunity - Join LiveBetter as we expand and grow and make this role your own.
About the Role
The Senior Clinician will play a key role in reviewing the systems and processes for provision of behavioural support to customers with complex needs, and in the introduction and implementation of evidence based best practice.
Some key accountabilities for this position include:
- Participating in complex case panel meetings in an advisory capacity and facilitating quarterly formulation meetings for customers with complex needs.
- Provision of reports to Senior Management and the Board with collation and analysis of relevant behavioural data.
- Conducting clinical assessments and compatibility assessment of customers who are seeking entry to the LiveBetter Disability Accommodation Service and provide detailed reports to Senior Management.
- Developing behavioural support plans for customers with a range of complex behaviour support needs, based on a variety of clinical assessments, and train and mentor staff in the implementation of these plans.
- Participating in the development, implementation and review of training and education programs and awareness raising for staff, families, and carers in the support of customers with complex needs.
- Working closely with other practitioners internally and externally in a team based customer centred approach to care.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Tertiary degree in related discipline such as Social Sciences or Psychology, five years minimum experience working in a similar role and evidence of ongoing and current professional development in relevant areas of practice.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all the processes of behaviour support and the capacity to apply a range of tools and assessment and planning instruments.
- Extensive experience in working with people with a disability and youth who have complex needs and behaviours of serious concern, and with their families and supports.
- Knowledge, understanding and extensive experience of person centred approaches to support and practice and of the application of services models appropriate to the needs of customers with complex needs.
- Experience in the Out of Home Care sector and in the application of trauma informed practice models.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team and to build informal and professional networks.
- High level skills in working with computerised systems, extracting and analysing data and writing high level reports.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation and policy within the context of the role, including the application and management of Restrictive Practice process and procedure.
- Detailed knowledge of the Disability & Out of Home Care Sector current reforms and the implications for the customers of LiveBetter.
- Extensive experience in the application of adult teaching methodology to the training of staff.
- A NSW C class driver's license and ability to travel regionally with overnight stays where necessary.
- Post graduate qualifications in psychology or related field.
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, pre employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and NSW Working with Children Check
To apply for this role you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: 10pm 29 April 2018
Enquiries: Christine Coates, Manager Clinical Services, Disability & Out of Home Care (02) 6391 2400